Twitter / StephAntoinette

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Compilation of My Favorite Qoutes

Well...
My whole life I have been collecting quotes...sad quotes, happy quotes, inspirational quotes, movie quotes, philosophical quotes, song lyrics...and I figured some of you bloggers may want to sit back and just read them...I have a big book at home where I write all of my favorite quotes that I come across...and when I'm in one of those moods I kick back and enjoy these words. It fascinates me how in just a few simple words you can put out such an inspiring message...here it goes...

"Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward."

“Not all those who wander are lost.”

“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are”

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” Jimi Hendrix

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different" -Coco Chanel

“But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.”
-Sex and the City

"As we grow up, we learn that the one person who isn't supposed to let you down probably will, and the one person that you never thought would be there for you, is. You're going to have fights with your friends, you're going to lose some of your friends, you may even fall in love with one of your friends. You will eventually lose someone you love - and love someone you never thought you'd find. People are going to hate you, love you, love to hate you, and hate to love you, but the ones that mean the most to you will always be there."

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: 'It goes on.' -Robert Frost

The best kind of kiss is the unexpected, unplanned ones. The ones that just come naturally, like in the middle of a sentence.

Don't you hate that? Uncomfortable silence. Why do we feel it's necessary to talk about bull in order to feel comfortable? That's when you know you've found somebody really special. When you can just shut the hell up for a minute and comfortably share a silence -Pulp Fiction

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Time, which changes people, does not alter the image we have retained of them -Marcel Proust

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

You cannot protect yourself from sadness without shielding yourself from happiness.

Things fall apart so that other things can fall together.

I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best.-Marilyn Monroe

Michelangelo said the best way to judge the essential elements of a sculpture is to throw it down a hill and the unimportant pieces will break away. Sometimes life is like that. It tosses us down a hill. But when we reach the bottom and only the important things are left, that's when our vision clears. That's when we hold on tight to what we know, while hope stirs inside us. It's all a matter of perspective -Everwood

I do my thing, & you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if buy chance we find each other - it is beautiful. If not it can't be helped -Fritz Perl

"And on the other hand, when nothing is certain .. everything is possible."

You know that place between sleep and awake, where you're still dreaming? that's where i'll always think of you. that's where i'll be waiting -Hook

The ones who love us least are the ones we'll die to please... ~The Replacements

You know, that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy. And the only thing in focus is you and that person. And you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this gift. And you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that it will go away all at the same time. ~ Never Been Kissed

Do you ever just put your arms out and just spin and spin and spin? Well, that's what love is like; everything inside of you tells you to stop before you fall, but for some reason you just keep going -practical magic

Sometimes what you're searching for, is right where you left it --Sweet Home Alabama




No comments:

Post a Comment