Twitter / StephAntoinette

Saturday, July 11, 2009

One beautiful thing about Madrid is that love is all around. You see it everywhere you go...couples kissing, holding hands without a care in the world. I feel that we may be more reserved in the US, but why? If you love someone, you show it. The couples here want to show off their love, they do not care who is looking. Today I saw a couple on the metro that could not keep their hands off each other. You feel weird looking, but at the same time it reminds you how wonderful love really is. I'm a fool for love. Those of you who know me are smiling right now. But I think its beautiful, I think that everyone should have love in their lives.

I've been here for a month now, and I haven't seen my host parents kiss, nor hug...they have not shown the tiniest display of affection. It saddens me. They do not kiss when they arrive home from work, they do not hold hands when we go out. Their only love is for their daughters, but its truly a shame. It's a shame that what bonds you are your children and your children alone. I would never wish this upon anyone. It seems so weird to me, almost as if they were just room mates. Not even a kiss on the cheek!

My parents kiss each other and hug each other when one leaves for work, or comes home from work. I know that my sister and I are not the only things keeping them together. They have been married for 25 years, and the spark is still there. My mom could not live without my dad and my dad could not live without my mom. Their love always gives me hope that someday I will find that kind of love. Ever since I was a little girl I've had this fascination with fairy tales and Prince Charming. I guess every girl does. But others are more grounded than me. When I fall for someone I fall really hard, and I often end up hurt. Its hard not to give yourself away when you are so incredibly happy. No one ever thinks that it could end wrong. But you know what, I'd rather love fully and completely than put up walls and never get hurt. That pain you feel reminds you that you're alive. That what you felt was real. So I'll keep believing in fairy tales, and I'll wait for my Prince.


"A life without love is no life at all"



besos

1 comment:

  1. Change of look at your blog? Great!
    There is an old song that goes:
    HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU? Never is too late to say it or to show it. We all should say and show it more often. You are right my dear...Children need to see and feel that their parents show affection and love each other... After 51 years of marriage my parents walk around holding hands. He says this is just in case one of them steps and falls, not really true. When they are in the car or train or bus they are holding hands. I love to see them do it. But do not dispair my Galletita, you'll find THAT special person who must be looking all around to find you... If you build up walls in order to protect your self, those walls will keep you aways from life also. So while in love: be daring...And hey! I've got a priviledged spot here Wow! ...Abrazo grande de osa...T.Q.mucho mucho mucho mucho, pero mucho...

    ReplyDelete